[OTR-dev] otrproxy and packaging

verbal verbal at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 16:27:07 EST 2005

> - While this seems like the "right" way to do it, it means that people
>   downloading gaim-otr will now have to download the libotr package
>   separately.  On some systems, package management will eventually do
>   this automatically (once everything makes its way to the official
>   distributions), but I don't know how this works on, say, OSX.

as you said, packaging on systems that have managers should not be a
problem. just setup the depencies. for other systems such as os x and
netbsd, we could just package them together and make a new package
release whenever we drop a new version of libotr or the frontend. i
know that if you'll be making people download unnecessary code, but
that shouldnt be a problem.