[OTR-dev] Crash when receiving message after canceling encrypted chat (with gdb backtrace)

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Thu Feb 10 07:42:07 EST 2005

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Kat Hanna wrote:

> > In any case, works perfectly with your changes.  Thanks a lot =)
> >
> > Any thoughts on why it crashed on my machine and not on yours?
>
> Memory management differences?

Also, I think this is the same bug I reported to Ian. What happened between
us (while unknown who was saying/pressing what buttons) our gaim's went
into a loop sending stuff. But gaim has some protection for that, and after
a few seconds my gaim told me it was sending too many messages and would pause
for 10 seconds.

So perhaps we never got so far as to strcat 11 [resend] strings.

Paul