[OTR-dev] confirmed bug in windows installer for upgrade using non-admin

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Tue Dec 13 17:20:11 EST 2005

Hi,

Just to let people know,

If gaim-otr is installed as non-administrator, upgrading gaim-otr will not
find the old installation of gaim-otr. I will look into this problem.
gaim-otr still works fine, but you might end up with multiple copies if
you decide to install gaim in another location then what you had used
before.

Likely, we try to write the location in the registry at a place that
requires administrator rights.

This bug is present in gaim-otr0-3.0.0 for windows.

Paul