[OTR-dev] Going forward

Ralf-Philipp Weinmann ralf at fimaluka.org
Thu Dec 23 05:51:33 EST 2004

On Dec 22, 2004, at 6:10 PM, Evan Schoenberg wrote:

> On Dec 22, 2004, at 9:12 AM, Ralf-Philipp Weinmann wrote:
>
>> iChat indeed does not support plugins
>
> It's possible to do, though; Intego Chat Barrier X3, a commercial
> encryption program, works -only- with iChat
> (http://www.intego.com/chatbarrier/).  How, I have no idea, but it is
> clearly possible :)

Nifty. Never seen this before. I had a quick peek. From what I've
gathered in the last 5 minutes or so, they appear to use a kernel
extension to accomplish this hack! This seems to support the argument
that iChat does not support plugins :)

I think I'd rather prefer the AIM proxy solution with an appropriate pf
rdr rule (I think this is the same idea Len suggested).

Cheers,
Ralf