[OTR-dev] OTR Gaim plugin: Core/GTK+ UI split

Nikita Borisov nikitab at cs.berkeley.edu
Tue Dec 21 00:33:55 EST 2004

On Dec 20, 2004, at 9:06 PM, Evan Schoenberg wrote:

> It's great to see that OTR was developed with  multi-platform support
> in mind, with the Gaim interface separated from libotr.  Would anybody
> else be interested in working with me -- or, developers, in accepting
> a patch from me or others -- to further abstract the Gaim plugin to
> have UI registration functions, as Gaim itself does, allowing the
> implementation of OTR-Gaim for other UIs?

We'd love for OTR to work with Adium.  I don't really know the
architecture of Adium; would the main thing to do be to abstract the
calls to GTK to something more generic?  If that's the case, it
shouldn't be too hard.  I have an OS X environment here and I'd be
happy to help with development, but I'm not very experienced in writing
code OS X.

> I would be glad to provide further thoughts I've had on
> implementation, or to answer questions about what would be needed for
> us to be able to use OTR.

Definitely, that would be great.

- Nikita