[OTR-dev] Build on x86_64

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Fri Dec 17 13:05:33 EST 2004

On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 07:22:16AM -0500, Neal D. Becker wrote:
> To install on Fedora FC3/x86_64 (on probably other x86_64)
>
> Need to install into /usr/lib64, not /usr/lib.
>
> 1. In spec file, replace /usr/lib/ with %{_libdir}.

Paul, can you look at this?  [Paul is the RPM maintainer.]

> 2. Need to modify Makefiles or use configure to pass this variable to make.
>
> I would offer a patch, but not sure what you want to do about #2

I think making this all "configure"able would be a fine thing.  If
someone who can do this in their sleep wants to submit a patch, I'd be
more than happy to take it.

This may also make Paul's life [who's also working on the Windows gaim
version] easier.