[OTR-users] Failure to initiate private conversation

Lachezar Dobrev l.dobrev at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 12:14:07 EDT 2015

  I've had similar problems with colleagues and friends when using
GMail/GTalk/Google+ XMPP. Some of the colleagues use Android devices.
Those seem to connect once and never disconnect. I suspect that is
some 'feature' of Google. These can be detected when the user is in
'Not Available' status on a resource named MessagingA**** (asterisks
represent a random-looking hex number). Some of my colleagues end up
being "logged-in" multiple times (double and triple is common) even if
their device is logged-out and turned off. When talking to such
colleagues even if they are logged in Pidgin some of the messages are
(supposedly) delivered to the Mobile and not received by the desktop
client.
  The problem is so serious I've stopped writing to them at this account.