[OTR-users] mpOTR: replay attacks from insiders

Christoph A. casmls at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 11:48:47 EDT 2010

On 08/30/2010 03:23 AM, Berkant Ustaoglu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is one of the many directions we were not able to complete due to
> space and time restrictions. The examples you suggest are quite
> descriptive of the problems that can arise. You should consider the
> consensus as something vital for any implementation: we have not offered
> a concrete solution

So the details of the mpOTR protocol are not fully defined yet and
therefore detailed questions* and analyses should take place after Matt
completed the implementation[1] ?

*) e.g: "Is sign() replay-proof or not?"

[1] http://lists.cypherpunks.ca/pipermail/otr-users/2010-June/001823.html

> Your otr-user list alternative is to send us directly your questions and
> comments.

Thank you for your offer!

kind regards,
Christoph