[OTR-users] Make fails on otrproxy-0.3.1

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Tue Dec 11 18:04:10 EST 2007

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 05:42:21PM -0500, Justin Polazzo wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I spent a few hours making sure I had all the dependencies then I
> installed libotr-3.1.0, then pidgin-2.3.1, then pidgin-otr-3.1.0 all
> from source just fine, but when I got to otrproxy I hit a snag I just
> cant figure out (well, it looks like the package is missing some files
> in it, but I checked the gz with the signature, and they match, also
> the .c files exist).
>
> If any of you have seen this error, or of there is a better place to
> get help please let me know: (I should mention that I did ./configure,
> make and make install as root for the above mentioned applications in
> case that has relevance) I tried googling as well, but could only find
> stuff from 2005, the archives didn't help either..
>
> wxotrproxy.cpp:20:20: error: wx/app.h: No such file or directory
> wxotrproxy.cpp:21:23: error: wx/thread.h: No such file or directory
> wxotrproxy.cpp:22:25: error: wx/filename.h: No such file or directory

It looks like you don't have the libwxgtk2.6-dev package (or whatever
the equivalent is for your platform) installed.  But that's weird, since
I was pretty sure otrproxy's configure would complain if you didn't have
it.

But ignoring that problem for a second: if you're using pidgin, why are
you using otrproxy as opposed to pidgin-otr?