[OTR-users] (no subject)

Michael F. Wright michael.wright at janusresearch.com
Tue Mar 22 10:19:11 EST 2005

Hello!

I've been using OTR and GAIM for some time with great success. However, when
attempting to use the OTR proxy with the AIM protocol under Trillian, it
fails.

I installed the binary for Win32 located at:
http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/binaries/windows/gaim-otr-2.0.1.exe

One thing I noticed that's different bahavior than is expected from the
README is that, when I start otrproxy, there is no output whatsoever. The
output in the README that contains the copyright statement, version, etc.
does not appear until after I CLOSE the UI for otrproxy, which kills the
process. When I start it up and try to connect to AIM via Trillian, it never
does connect. I have tried both the SOCKS5 and the HTTP proxies on ports
1080 and 8080 respectively.

Interestingly enough, when I run netstat after starting otrproxy, I do see
my system listening on those ports.

Any thoughts?