[OTR-dev] Is otrl_message_receiving returning 1 erroneously?

Chris Ballinger chrisballinger at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 23:08:12 EDT 2012

I'm not sure if this is caused by my flawed implementation of libotr
in ChatSecure, but it seems that otrl_message_receiving is returning 1
when I'm expecting a 0. Users have mentioned that they are missing
messages sometimes and I haven't been able to reproduce that behavior
until I found this bug.

When a conversation is encrypted between ChatSecure and Adium, then
encryption is canceled in Adium, any further messages between the two
clients will be ignored by both clients. Is there something I'm
missing? I did notice that gone_insecure_cb is never called either.

Relevant code is here:

https://github.com/chrisballinger/Off-the-Record-iOS/blob/master/Off%20the%20Record/OTRCodec.m