[OTR-dev] mpOTR implementation(s)

Abel Luck abel at guardianproject.info
Wed Jul 18 15:04:30 EDT 2012

Hello otr dev list,

The Guardian Project is interested in moving forward the implementation
of mpOTR.

At HOPE this past weekend we announced a collaborative effort to build
inter-operable open source secure messaging applications [0], of which
OTR is a fundamental piece.

I'm presenting this to the list so we can get some discussion started
that will hopefully result is an inter-operable mpOTR standard with
implementations. There has been some work [1] on this (in addition to
Ian's paper of course) and even a rough JS implementation [2].

In a follow-up (to otr-dev) I'm going to address some technical concerns
Miron (the gibberbot dev) and I have regarding mpOTR use in the mobile
environment.

Abel Luck
The Guardian Project

[0]: https://guardianproject.info/wiki/Always_Secure_Messaging