[OTR-dev] java-otr build not working?

M. C. McGrath (Shidash) shidash at media.mit.edu
Mon Jul 2 22:24:02 EDT 2012

Hello,
I am trying to set up java-otr so I can use it for developing software but am having some trouble even running the example programs. I'm not sure if this should go on this list. Please tell me if this is not the right place.

So I got sun JDK installed and working with other java programs and extracted java-otr. When trying to run the demo I followed the instructions in the README exactly and typed ./build to compile the source. I got these errors-
cdriver/driver.c: In function ‘main’:
cdriver/driver.c:92:4: warning: format ‘%d’ expects argument of type ‘int’, but argument 2 has type ‘size_t’ [-Wformat]
cdriver/driver.c:96:6: error: ‘OTRL_FRAGMENT_SEND_SKIP’ undeclared (first use in this function)
cdriver/driver.c:96:6: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
cdriver/driver.c:96:6: warning: passing argument 7 of ‘otrl_message_sending’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
In file included from cdriver/driver.c:3:0:
/usr/include/libotr/message.h:136:14: note: expected ‘const char *’ but argument is of type ‘char **’
cdriver/driver.c:96:6: error: too many arguments to function ‘otrl_message_sending’
In file included from cdriver/driver.c:3:0:
/usr/include/libotr/message.h:136:14: note: declared here
cdriver/driver.c:103:4: warning: format ‘%d’ expects argument of type ‘int’, but argument 2 has type ‘size_t’ [-Wformat]
cdriver/driver.c:117:6: error: too many arguments to function ‘otrl_message_receiving’
In file included from cdriver/driver.c:3:0:
/usr/include/libotr/message.h:168:5: note: declared here
cdriver/driver.c:119:5: warning: format ‘%d’ expects argument of type ‘int’, but argument 2 has type ‘size_t’ [-Wformat]
javac: directory not found: ../classes
Usage: javac <options> <source files>
use -help for a list of possible options

I have libotr installed. What exactly am I doing wrong when compiling the source? I'm guessing this is an issue on my end but I have tried to find the problem for many hours to no avail. To me it looks like there are issues that make the library nonfunctional but I doubt this is the case.

Thanks!

--

M. C. McGrath (Shidash)
Student | Boston University Academy