[OTR-dev] Open source OTR AIM client for iOS

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Tue Sep 20 16:30:53 EDT 2011

Chris Ballinger <chrisballinger at gmail.com> writes:

> Because it's not done yet! :) I still have some crashing problems related to
> xmppframework buddy lists that are gonna require some work. It's very "alpha
> quality" at the moment.
>
> The goal is to get it eventually approved on the App Store. Fortunately the
> otr library and its dependencies are LGPL and because I am redistributing
> the full source I should be in the clear as far as license issues with the
> App Store are concerned.

I am curious how this will go.  As I understand it the app store TOS
prohibits people who obtain bits from app store from redistributing
them.  If so, that's inconsistent with the LGPL, even if you offer
source on the side.  (I'm not trying to accuse you of trying to evade
the LGPL - just pointing out that I think even weak copyleft and the App
Store are incompatible.)