[OTR-dev] [OTR-users] [bug] Pidgin does not notify of new unencrypted messages while encrypting

Howard Chu hyc at symas.com
Mon Dec 19 07:25:08 EST 2011

http://lists.cypherpunks.ca/pipermail/otr-users/2011-June/001919.html

Was browsing the list archives and stumbled over this. I see that in cvs/git
the libotr API has changed quite a bit already, pushing the text of these
messages out of the library and making it the plugin's responsibility to
handle them. Seems like that's a good idea.

I noticed that the git master for pidgin-otr has been adapted to this already,
and it also has an additional "force_create" option added to the
otrg_dialog_display_otr_message() function. It seems to me that's a bit
wasteful and this should be a generic "flags" argument instead, with one value
reserved for force_create, and another value to e.g. declare that the message
should be treated as a PURPLE_MESSAGE_RECV instead of the default of
PURPLE_MESSAGE_SYSTEM. That would allow the plugin to write the offending
message as a normal message, and give the notification that the bug filers'
are looking for.

--
   -- Howard Chu