[OTR-dev] OTR-dev Digest, Vol 16, Issue 2

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Sat Feb 13 00:24:10 EST 2010

On 2/12/10 9:31 PM, Patrick Tierney wrote:

> We weren't targeting it at IM in particular. Considering that Perl has
> modules to handle all sorts of data, the plugin could expand OTR to
> secure many new types of communication (file exchange, voice, video).

Sounds intriguing. I'd be curious to hear how you propose to do that. My
understanding of OTR has always been that it is designed to exchange
basic text messages and perhaps XHTML-formatted versions of those
messages, but not the kind of extended data that is necessary to
negotiate multimedia sessions and not the data itself (which might be
transferred via direct TCP streams, UDP associations, media relays, and
the like).

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre