[OTR-dev] session termination

Joseph Elwell jelwell at singleclick.com
Wed May 30 14:43:19 EDT 2007

> You just gave another example of Gaim being unable to send a "session
> termination" -message: If you do close your laptop's lid, it sends
> your
> laptop to standby or hibernation mode. Gaim won't notice that early
> enough to terminate the session. And you usually won't reopen your
> laptop within 60 seconds or whatever Gaim's limit for resending
> messages is.
>
> Tim

I close my laptop 2 to 3 times a day. Once in the morning when I
leave for work. Once in the afternoon when I leave for home. And,
sometimes, a third time when head to a friend's house or close it for
the night.

However, I use OTR Proxy on Mac OS X (so no gaim). Most of the time I
reopen my laptop and I need to restart OTR Proxy (although this
doesn't always work either). Often times 5 or 6 restarts won't get
OTR Proxy to work. It's as if the Mac has the port stuck and won't
let OTR Proxy have access to the port.
Joseph Elwell.