[OTR-dev] Creating a libotr.so ...

Evan Schoenberg evan.s at dreskin.net
Thu Jun 7 18:48:06 EDT 2007

On Jun 7, 2007, at 6:39 PM, Ian Goldberg wrote:

> I agree that the otrl_message_* routines blur the line between library
> stuff and app stuff.  That's where the English HTML messages all live,
> for example.  The reason we moved them from gaim-otr to libotr is that
> we thought they may be useful to other apps.  But I totally agree that
> some refactoring may be useful there.

Optimally, these messages would be available in the library but not
in their current form.  It'd be awesome if the library passed back
defined error codes which could then, at the application's
discretion, either be used to generate its own messages or passed to
something like
const char *otr_get_error(otr_error errno)

-Evan