[OTR-dev] Re: [Gaim-devel] gaim-OTR, AIM DirectIM, and messaging signals

Evan Schoenberg evan.s at dreskin.net
Mon Feb 20 08:37:16 EST 2006

On Feb 20, 2006, at 1:04 AM, Mark Doliner wrote:

> That would be kind of a pain, but if you really want to fix it I
> guess that's
> the only way to do it.  Personally I'd rather see us implement
> AIM's built-in
> encryption capabilities.  That wouldn't solve the problem, but it
> would
> hopefully make it less of an issue?

Eh, from what I've heard, AIM's built-in encryption is nothing to
write home about nor possibly even to write gaim-devl about.  IANAC,
though.  Either way, even if we implement AIM's solution, that
doesn't mean that (a) people won't still want to use the less-
configuration, documented-protocol, etc. OTR solution, (b) other,
similar solutions won't come up in the future, and (c) Sametime and
any other prpl that needs pre/post prpl-level message processing will
be fixed.

It may be some time before I have a chance to fix it, so if someone
else wants to work on it feel free -- but I'll look into a clean,
minimally invasive solution in the not too distant future.

-Evan