[OTR-dev] Fragmenting?

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Sat Apr 8 16:07:05 EDT 2006

On Sat, Apr 08, 2006 at 10:18:00AM -0400, Alex wrote:
> I have come to the point where I need to have fragmenting for OTR on
> IRC. However, I am unable to locate the fragmenting APIs to do so. I can
> see otrl_proto_fragment_accumulate, but where is the code that actually
> fragments messages?

It's not in the current version.  The plan was to let version 3.0 get out
there for a while, so that it's likely people will be able to *accept*
fragments before trying to figure out the annoying bits of how to pick a
MMS (maximum message size).

When there's a version that supports fragmentation, it's likely that
you'll make a callback that, given the account/username/protocol
triplet, returns an appropriate MMS to use, and otrl_message_sending()
will take care of things, just as otrl_message_receiving() already takes
care of fragment accumulation.