[OTR-dev] OTR encryption state

verbal verbal at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 18:06:44 EST 2005

> It's the clever thing suggested by Gregory Maxwell.  The first time you
> send a message to someone, append a magic pattern of whitespace.  OTR
> clients recognize the whitespace at the end of the message, and
> opportunistically start OTR.  It's just meant as a more invisible
> (and automatic) version of the OTR Query message.

so i was messaging someone on regular windows aol im client and i
decided to see what would happen if i just tried to start an OTR
conversation. she said it complained that aim said she didnt have the
plugin for OTR which is fine, but then subsequent messages received
from me had white spaces in it. it didnt stop until i restarted my
client. =\

verbal