[OTR-dev] OTR encryption state

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Wed Jan 26 18:51:07 EST 2005

  No matter who I am talking to, if I stop encryption while in an OTR
  chat, it should not turn itself back on.  This isn't a per-contact
  thing...

We are addressing this, but I think see it differently.  If I'm
running IKE, and manually nuke an SA, I expect IKE to regenerate it.
So I'm distinguishing between "discard this SA" and "stop doing OTR".

Yes, these are UI things, so I'm thinking about gaim-otr.  Doing
this cleanly might impose some requirements on the library, but I
don't have any reason to think that yet.