[OTR-dev] OTR encryption state

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Wed Jan 26 18:09:46 EST 2005

  mode 1: people who i know do not use OTR

I would only set this when I was having trouble.  I suppose this
setting would omit the whitespace auto-start tag.  Thus, I'd only set
it if trouble,  becaues if someone upgraded their client, I'd want to
start otring.

  mode 2: people who IM from different machines/clients that sometimes have it

I would set this (current behavior) for almost everyone

  mode 3: people who i know have OTR all the time

I would set this if I knew that, and wanted to have communications
fail rather than risk cleartext.