[OTR-dev] OTR encryption state

verbal verbal at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 15:45:57 EST 2005

> To solve your 'problem', one could add a new bit in the
> per-correspondent UI that says "OTR desired", and have the
> auto-negotiate behavior be conditional on that being on.

i dont know if we should have an OTR desired mode on/off switch or to
just pick one. my main concern about this UI issue is that if a user
specifically turns OTR off via UI, i dont see why their chat client
should force them back into it. i agree with the fact that it should
try to auto-negotiate at the beginning conversation, but once that's
established, if either party wanted to continue the conversation in
plaintext, i think they should have a right to do so.

verbal