[OTR-dev] Displaying OTR errors (was Re: Hmmm.)

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Wed Jan 26 10:29:53 EST 2005

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 11:47:16PM -0600, Evan Schoenberg wrote:

> On Jan 25, 2005, at 5:02 PM, Ian Goldberg wrote:
>
> >  I could also wait a little bit and see if Evan or the proxy work
> > shows up any other changes that can be put
> > into 2.0.0 at the same time.
> >

> At present, libotr sends errors back to the UI via the inject_message
> callback.  This gets the job done, but it's somewhat dirty... the other
> side didn't actually send the message.

Actually, it doesn't.  It sends error messages to *the other person*
using inject_message.  It sends error messages to you with the notify
callback (if a window should be popped up) or just by setting *messagep
(if it should be displayed inline).  [It used to be that all messages
were displayed ouot-of-band in a popup, but people got annoyed at that
really fast.]