[OTR-dev] Secure connections through a connect/disconnect cycle, OTR error messages

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Wed Jan 26 10:17:50 EST 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Ian Goldberg wrote:

> It's really important that the user have to take non-trivial action to
> leave a private conversation.

But it would be very nice if we don't get to deal with these re-login problems.
Almost daily, I have to retype a message send to an OTR user that has gone to bed
meanwhile and logged back on, while my machine stays on, and they receive a
message they can't read, and one end has to refresh and then I can resend that
message. Is there a way perhaps to automate this with a prepended [automatic resend]?

Paul