[OTR-dev] Hmmm.

Evan Schoenberg evan.s at dreskin.net
Tue Jan 25 21:10:59 EST 2005

*nod* the unknown fingerprint callback is the only important place from
which you can't reconstruct the GaimConversation associated with the
transaction.. I was going to email you about that soon.  Whereas Gaim
loves to throw up additional windows when things happen, we try to
integrate information into the chat window (or other window) where
possible in Adium, so being able to associate to a GaimConversation
(and from there to an Adium Chat) is nice.

On Jan 25, 2005, at 5:02 PM, Ian Goldberg wrote:

> [Evan shouldn't release his Adium code
> until 2.0.0 is out, and then he should use that (and display the
> account
> name, which will then be delivered to him).  So that's an argument for
> "sooner, rather than later".  So is "release early, release often".]

I'm really excited with how well the Adium work has proceeded... what
other changes/improvements be in 2.0.0 for which it's necessary to
wait?

> So: release often, or hold off?

One argument could be that the longer a release is put off, the more
people it will effect.. since OTR is relatively new in the mainstream
perception, there aren't nearly as many adopters right now as there
will later be.

-Evan