[OTR-dev] libotr 1.0.3 OS X compile error

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Fri Jan 21 08:37:12 EST 2005

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 12:25:29AM -0600, Evan Schoenberg wrote:
> It was throwing the error at context.h:70

That's bizarre; it works for Len and Nikita for sure.

> Other stuff must be wrong with my setup, too... I'm having to make a
> bunch of makefile changes to get gaim-otr to compile. So far my
> makefile's LDFLAGS are up to:
> LDLIBS = -lgcrypt -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lglib-2.0.0 -lgobject-2.0.0
>
> (from an original LDLIBS = -lgcrypt).
>
> Now my only remaining problem is that all the gaim symbols
> (_serv_send_im, _gaim_account_get_connection, etc.) are undefined.

AFAIK, we never tried to compile gaim-otr on OSX, since there isn't
gaim there (at least, we didn't know of one).  But gaim-otr builds a
shared library; why is it complaining about missing symbols?  They'll be
provided by the application that links them.

[That's how it works on Linux, anyway; I know Windows is different:
.dll's have to have all of their symbols resolved, so you have to link
-lgaim to gaim-otr.dll.]

[Clearly, since you've got some gtk libs in your message, gtk and gaim
exist for OSX, so we were wrong.  Nikita: can you look into this and
maybe build a gaim-otr OSX package? (Or at least make the code compile?)]

Thanks,