[OTR-dev] MAC keys to be revealed

verbal verbal at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 21:54:20 EST 2005

do you mean you dont understand why you would want to send our your
old mac keys? if that is the question, then the answer is because it
allows for your conversation to be forged at a later point in time.
this lets you say "hey, i didnt say that" after the conversation time
period. during the conversation period, no one can read your
conversation or pretend to be you.

hope that helps,

verbal