[OTR-dev] A C# lib

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Sat Jan 15 17:43:34 EST 2005

On Sat, Jan 15, 2005 at 04:58:35PM -0500, alex323 wrote:
> Thanks... as I read throught the source code (again), I see the type
> "Fingerprint". What is the purpose of that?

Wow, good point.  There was no mention of that in the Protocol document.
But I've added this paragraph to the Key Exchange Message section:

>  The DSA key given in this message has a "Fingerprint", which is the
>  SHA-1 hash of the portion of the message from the beginning of the "p"
>  field (including the MPI length) to the end of the "e" field.  This
>  fingerprint should be displayed to the recipient so that he may verify
>  the sender's key.

Sorry for the oversight.  In gaim-otr, you can see the fingerprints
(both yours and other people's) in the UI panel, as well as the popup
that happens when a secure connection is established.

> Also, do you have some kind of IM account we can talk on?
> You may email it to me directly if you wish.

I can often be found at otr4ian on AIM.  [OTR welcomed, of course!  ;-) ]