[OTR-dev] per-user preferences

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Sun Feb 27 14:32:25 EST 2005

On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 04:59:26PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I see the enable/automatic/require global config tab, but don't see
> any per-user configuration (in the fingerprint list?).

You get the per-buddy config by right-clicking on your buddy (in the
gaim buddy list) and choosing "OTR Options".

> A very minor bug is that the popups for otr key negotiation don't have
> the same WM hints as gaim's "pounce" popups, which means they don't
> get focus by default and seem to actively avoid focus even on mouse
> over (I use focus-follows-mouse).

It's quite intentional they don't get focus by default; popups that
appear unbidden should never grab the keyboard away from something
you're typing.  [Especially security-related popups.]

Being *able* to give it focus is plausible, though; if gtk supports
that, we can add it for the next version.