[OTR-dev] Crash when receiving message after canceling encrypted chat (with gdb backtrace)

Evan Schoenberg evan.s at dreskin.net
Wed Feb 9 14:04:48 EST 2005

On Feb 9, 2005, at 12:59 PM, Ian Goldberg wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 12:21:35PM -0600, Evan Schoenberg wrote:
>> How would you recommend going about watching context->lastmessage?
>
> You could set a gdb watch on it, or more simply, just put printf's at
> the handful of places where it's changed.  Printing the value of the
> msg
> parameter at the beginning of otrl_proto_create_data may also help.

k, I'll do that this evening and let you know what it turns up.

>> I'm still getting the exact same crash in 2.0.0, every time.  I'm
>> mystified.
>
> Is this using gaim, or using Adium?  [I thought you were having trouble
> building gaim.]

Using Adium, which uses gaim-otr.  So specifically, using gaim-otr
2.0.0, libotr 2.0.0, and Adium 0.8svn.  Given that the backtrace is
wholly within gaim, gaim-otr, and libgaim code, I'm unsure of how any
Adium code could be responsible.... but then, if you're not seeing it,
it stands to reason that it's either a problem in Adium or a problem in
how OS X is handling something your system handles differently, I
guess.  We'll know more after some debug logging.

(I have no problems building and using gaim.  I can not build gaim-otr.)

-Evan