[OTR-dev] OTR Gaim plugin: Core/GTK+ UI split

Evan Schoenberg evan.s at dreskin.net
Tue Dec 21 00:06:23 EST 2004

Hey, folks,

I'm the co-lead developer of Adium X (http://www.adiumx.com), an OS X
instant messaging app which uses Gaim, via libgaim, as its protocol
core.  We're interested in bringing the OTR Gaim plugin to Adium.

It's great to see that OTR was developed with  multi-platform support
in mind, with the Gaim interface separated from libotr.  Would anybody
else be interested in working with me -- or, developers, in accepting a
patch from me or others -- to further abstract the Gaim plugin to have
UI registration functions, as Gaim itself does, allowing the
implementation of OTR-Gaim for other UIs?

I would be glad to provide further thoughts I've had on implementation,
or to answer questions about what would be needed for us to be able to
use OTR.  Thoughts?

Thanks,
Evan