[OTR-dev] Fragmenting proposal

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Thu Dec 16 16:29:52 EST 2004

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 02:27:31AM +0100, Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Ian Goldberg wrote:
>
> >Is anyone strongly opposed to *not* handling fragmentation?
>
> No :) I was sort of more against it then in favour :)

OK.  Unless someone else insists on handling fragmentation, I'll
consider it just one of the dumb ideas I've had.  ;-)

> I am not sure what to do with the message you're typing woudl fit,
> but with the OTR encryption and header would be too long. how is that
> handled? Could you tell gaim to allow a smaller input?

gaim doesn't know the maximum allowed sizes, anyway.  It'll accept
anything you type, send it to the network, and give you an annoying
popup box when the network tells it the message was too big.

[Hey, we hit /. after all!]